Update (8/21/2019): I have now moved away from CockPit CMS and back to WordPress for the backend, using Gutenberg and my own wp-block-components library to display posts and pages.
For the past several months, this site had been in a state of limbo. I had switched from WordPress to a barebones Gatsby v1 set up that used markdown files for each page, had no images, and didn’t contain any of my blog posts.
About a week ago, I decided to update Gatsby to v2 and switch to a CMS for managing the data. Being a WordPress developer, I initially thought about using that to manage the data. But WordPress is a bit overkill for what I wanted. After a bit of research, I landed on Cockpit CMS. The biggest draw was that it was open source and has a beautifully designed UI.
While I was at it, I decided to also give the site a proper redesign. So I fired up Figma and spent a couple of hours redesigning this site. Both Gatsby and Cockpit are such a pleasure to work with and I can’t wait to build another site on this stack.
Here is a list of what I used to build this site: